This week I chatted with Steve Hawkins of WFHG -Super Talk Radio about what to be working on at the end of the year and where we’re heading in 2013.
Here two items I identified: One, to be working on now and the second, looking forward to the year ahead.
1- Strategic planning: It’s the time of year for strategic planning. Part of that should include a social media calendar for next year. Here is a link to my Facebook page that include a great post by SoloPR pro Kellye Crane on social media calendars including free resources. I hope this helps you in your personal brand planning.
2- Mobile Marketing: Last week I had the privilege of attending a mobile marketing workshop put on by the Virginia Department of Business Assistance and my friend, Sandy Ratliff. Sandy gave some of the most amazing tips! Here are just a few:
- There are seven billion people on the planet and six billion of those have mobile devices.
- There are more mobile phones on the planet than toothbrushes! Now that’s something to think about!
- There are five times more mobile phones than laptops and computers
- There are 300 million mobile subscribers in the U.S. (The U.S. population is 313 million.)
- 91% of people keep their phones within three feet of themselves 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Our attention spans are now just seven seconds long!
The implications for mobile and the future of mobile are huge! If you have a web site be sure it is mobile compatible. Sandy gave us a helpful url to see how your web site ranks on its mobile compatibility. (I know I am working on my site right now to make it even more mobile friendly!) You can listen to the podcast of our entire interview here.
Follow me on twitter @MarketingMel.